Support: +91-22-61011756 / help@projectstoday.com
Help
1. Boolean Searches :

i. AND - Shows results where both terms on either side of the 'AND' operator are present. 'AND' must be in upper case. For example search term - delhi AND metro result - It will return records in which 'delhi' as well as 'metro' both are present.

ii. OR - Shows results where either term (or both terms) is present. 'OR' must be in upper case. For example search term - delhi OR metro result - It will return records in which either 'delhi' or 'metro' or both are present

2. Proximity Searches

A proximity search looks for terms that are within a specific distance from one another. For example, search term - 'delhi metro'~10 result - It will search for records where 'delhi' and 'metro' are found within 10 words of each other

3. Phrase searches

You can search phrases using double quotes. for e.g. 'delhi metro' result - It will return records where 'delhi metro' phrase is found.

Coal India to invest Rs 19,650 cr to strengthen rail infra

Wednesday, 01 Dec 2021
Share this on :
Coal India will invest an estimated Rs 19,650 crore to strengthen its rail infrastructure. The move will increase coal evacuation capacity of the PSU through rail mode by an additional 330 million tpa by FY23-24 when the production is expected to scale up significantly. 
 
The upcoming projects, some of which are already operational, would help CIL despatch increased volumes of coal through rail, above the existing capacity, from its greenfield and brownfield mining areas. 
 
The company is constructing three important railway lines from its own funds, on deposit basis, in Central Coalfields (CCL) and Mahanadi Coalfields (MCL) at an estimated capital of Rs 7,994 crore having 170 million tpa coal transportation capacity. 
 
Additionally, the company has forged four rail joint ventures with Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Odisha at a capital outlay of Rs 11,656 crore which would help move 160 million tpa of coal. 
 
Central Coalfields, Mahanadi Coalfields and South Eastern Coalfields are subsidiaries of CIL. These rail infra projects would boost evacuation. It is important to have a robust coal transport mechanism in place to cope up with increased volumes of production in ensuing years. 
 
Around 69 per cent of CIL's overall coal output is expected from CCL, MCL and SECL by FY25 and it is in these fields that the company is aggressively laying foundation for evacuation infrastructure. 
 
The doubling of Tori-Shivpur (CCL) railway line was already commissioned in December 2019 and the tripling of the line which is under process will enhance evacuation capacity to 100 million tpa from the existing 32 million tpa. 
 
Jharsuguda-Barpali-Sardega (MCL) single line was commissioned in April 2018 and the construction work for doubling of the line along with loading bulb at Barpali and a flyover complex at Jharsuguda are underway. 
 
Dovetailing of first-mile connectivity (FMC) projects of Sardega 20 million tpa and Lajkura 15 million tpa to this rail connectivity would lift MCL's transportation capacity additionally by 65 million tpa. 
 
The four rail JVs are in various stages of progress with the main rail corridor of Kharsia to Dharamjaigarh, a 74 km stretch under CERL in SECL,is already operational. CIL holds 64 percent stake in these JVs with the rest 36 percent made up by the rail PSUs and respective states. 
 
 
Post Your Comments
 
 
   
 

 

 
  
Sign up to start your trial access

Are you...



REGISTER AND GET STARTER KIT ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Free access to Project News and Analysis

Project and Tender Alert in your mailbox

Explore the largest Database on Projects for free

Be part of Online Projects Community

User login
Start Exploring

Subscribe to any of our premium plans to

Access to complete information on 43000+ projects

Use our Notification service for instant update on projects and tenders

Closely monitor your opportunities with "WORKSPACE"

Use our online platform for promotions of your products and services