Support: +91-22-61011756 / help@projectstoday.com
Help
1. Boolean Searches :

i. AND - Shows results where both terms on either side of the 'AND' operator are present. 'AND' must be in upper case. For example search term - delhi AND metro result - It will return records in which 'delhi' as well as 'metro' both are present.

ii. OR - Shows results where either term (or both terms) is present. 'OR' must be in upper case. For example search term - delhi OR metro result - It will return records in which either 'delhi' or 'metro' or both are present

2. Proximity Searches

A proximity search looks for terms that are within a specific distance from one another. For example, search term - 'delhi metro'~10 result - It will search for records where 'delhi' and 'metro' are found within 10 words of each other

3. Phrase searches

You can search phrases using double quotes. for e.g. 'delhi metro' result - It will return records where 'delhi metro' phrase is found.

Purvanchal Expressway to be completed by 2020-end

Monday, 01 Jun 2020
Share this on :
The Uttar Pradesh government is pushing to complete the country’s longest expressway, Purvanchal Expressway by 2020-end, despite in delay by two months due to COVID-19 lockdown. 
 
Works on 341 km long expressway project worth Rs 22,500 crore is moving at a pace with completion by 2020-end, months ahead of the official deadline of April 2021.
 
The six-lane expandable to eight lanes access-controlled expressway from Chand Sarai in Lucknow district to Haidaria in Ghazipur district, being built on an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) basis, will not only provide the nine agricultural districts of eastern Uttar Pradesh seamless connectivity to Lucknow, but also link them to National Capital Delhi via the 302 km Agra-Lucknow Expressway and Agra-Greater Noida Yamuna Expressway of 165 km.
 
There were 10,000 workers before the lockdown and currently 5,500 workers are at the sites. The Uttar Pradesh Expressway Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) has asked the companies working on the eight packages to operate at full throttle and expedite the work. It is trying to get more labourers back to work. It is expected to have full workforce soon and if the monsoon is weak in 2020, the project can be completed by the end of 2020.
 
Over 80 percent of the earthwork has been completed and around 48 percent of the physical work on the project has been done. The remaining 52 percent of work will be completed within the targetted timeline by increasing the size of the workforce.
 
The eight packages have been awarded to PNC Infratech, Gayatri Projects, GR Infra, Oriental Structural Engineering and Apco Infra in July 2018.
 
The expressway will pass through Barabanki, Amethi, Ayodhya, Sultanpur, Ambedkarnagar, Azamgarh, Mau and Ghazipur districts.
 
The project will boost agriculture as well as industrial and commercial activities, apart from enhancing the prospects for tourism in the state.
 
The expressway will also act as an industrial corridor for different manufacturing units, development nodes and agricultural centres of the region.
 
The expressway will also attract investment in the handloom, food processing, warehousing, dairy sectors, boosting the state’s growth.

 

 
Post Your Comments
 
 
   
 

 

 
  
Sign up to start your free trial

Are you...



REGISTER AND GET STARTER KIT ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Free access to Project News and Analysis

Project and Tender Alert in your mailbox

Explore the largest Database on Projects for free

Be part of Online Projects Community

User login
Start Exploring

Subscribe to any of our premium plans to

Access to complete information on 43000+ projects

Use our Notification service for instant update on projects and tenders

Closely monitor your opportunities with "WORKSPACE"

Use our online platform for promotions of your products and services